Windows bigger than physical screen size

Maarten Boekhold boekhold@emirates.net.ae
Sun May 30 03:06:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched the mailing lists
and web site, and didn't come up with anything.

I'm trying to use cygwin X with an application that sometimes opens big
windows. Bigger than fits on my 1024x768 screen anyways. Cygwin X
'truncates' these windows on the right and bottom of the screen, and the
content of the truncated area can't be accessed.

If I use the same app with Exceed, Exceed allows me to 'scroll' the
window. If the window has focus and I move the mouse cursor against the
right side of the screen, the window content is scrolled to show the
'hidden' content.

Is there any way to achieve the same with Cygwin X?

I'm using Cyginw X with the windows window manager, and I've tried to
start the X server with a screen size bigger than my physical screen, to
no avail.

Kind regards,

Maarten