xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

bruno patin bruno.patin@wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 10 21:51:00 GMT 2004

>Is there some reason why you won't just run cygcheck.exe while setup is
>hung?  Have you tried it?  AFAIK, cygcheck should be operational by the
>time setup has gotten to installing X.  It really has to be operational
>since cygcheck.exe comes along with the Cygwin DLL.
>
>Also, you could even run, oh I don't know, it's just a pretty drastic
>suggestion, but you *could* run "ps -ef".

In fact I did not use ps -ef (and cygcheck by the the way) for two reasons:
1/ I was following what happened with the windows task manager tool
(where I followed the memory consumption)
2/ At this step of the install, you do not have the .bat or .sh command

I was wondering, if I launch setup.exe from my first installed cygwin on
another directory using strace, will there be interactions between the
old and new install ? Is it possible to have two completely different
cywin install ? If yes I would know what is the loop in the program.

yes or no ?

B.Patin