Problem with setup

Bobby McNulty bobbymcn@bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 12 04:51:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:26:34PM -0600, Bobby McNulty wrote:
>

>>Guys, theres a major problem with setup.
>>According to the error I just got, setup is not
>>closing any of its files after writing them.
>>I finally got past xorg, and got up to update_info.
>>I'll rerun setup to get a cygcheck.
>>

>So, does this mean that the changes I made to the xorg distribution
>worked, then?  If so, why are you reporting this here rather than
>in the cygwin-xfree mailing list where this has been discussed at
>great length?
>
>cgf
>
>--

Yes, it worked. Now I'm getting a report that setup is not closing the
files.
It can't get past the update_info now.
Something has happened to setup. Either that, or Cygwin is bigger now
than when the current version came out. I lost the URL to the test
version of setup.
I know they have been working on. I see it in the CVS logs every day.