Mozilla patch

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Sun Nov 14 19:33:00 GMT 2004

bruno patin wrote:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>
>> bruno patin wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I think I will be able to compile tonight. Will give you news at
>>> max monday. After that, what do you want me to examine ?
>>

>> I the build of the debugging version succeeds, it would be nice if I
>> could get my hands on it, I still have no success building a debugging
>> version.  BTW, please change --enable-strip to --disable-strip in the
>> file '.mozconfig' in the top-level soucre directory, because a stripped
>> debugging version is pretty useless.
>>

>> Gerrit
>

> If you want a debugging version we also have to use the --enable-debug
> option no ? So here my complete mozilla command.

This looks wrong:

.../configure --prefix=/usr  --enable-debug --enable-debug --disable-strip

Just two dots to refer to the upper next dirctory!

But don't specify options with the configure command!

Add or remove or change settings in the .mozconfig file in the toplevel
source directory so it will be included ion the patch files and it is
safe.  I only specify --prefix with the configure command since these
are user options, eg. you can specify --prefix/opt/mozilla here.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=