cygwin/x symantec antivirus conflict (fixed in snapshot?)

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Tue Oct 12 21:30:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> For those who haven't been following along at home, it looks like a
> change I just made to select() may solve the dreaded "slows down to a
> crawl with Symantec AntiVirus" problem.
>
> This may also improve the performance of things that use sockets
> slightly.
>
> So, I'd appreciate reports on the latest snapshot.  Does it fix any
> problems?  Cause any problems?  No change?

Wow! Using the 2004-10-10 snapshot, I'm experiencing an ubelievable
speed improvement. The typing delay as well as the remote X apps drawing
delays are gone.

In addition, I confirm that openssh with X forwarding and Cygwin/X are
both functioning as they should.

cgf and Philip, thank you immensely.