cygwin/x symantec antivirus conflict (fixed in snapshot?)

Owen Rees owen.rees@hp.com
Thu Oct 14 16:06:00 GMT 2004

--On 11 October 2004 00:06 -0400 Christopher Faylor
<cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com> wrote:

> So, I'd appreciate reports on the latest snapshot.  Does it fix any
> problems?  Cause any problems?  No change?

I have XP Pro and Symantec AV - the 20041010 snapshot fixes the slowness I
was having with emacs/X locally and X forwarded over SSH, and with no
problems observed so far. The severe performance problems appeared some
time in August IIRC, and my first impression is that the performance is now
better than before the problems.

Regards,
Owen Rees <owen.rees@hp.com>
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Bristol, UK
tel: +44 117 312 9439 fax: +44 117 312 9153