cygwin-xfree Digest 25 Sep 2004 19:30:23 -0000 Issue 1550

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux@peaktime.be
Mon Sep 27 09:06:00 GMT 2004

Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:

> hi,
>
> sorry for not replying fast,
>
> i live in the other side of the world.
>
> i was in the office, and it was becoming late, wrking till 8pm
>
> i cannt access gmail in netcafes as they here use older ie
>
> so i could nt reply u fast.
>
> all i just wanted to connect to multiple solaris servers.
>
> using the xwin, ie multiple instances
>
> thats all was my question how to start multiple instances of xserver
>
> bye,
> vijay

You're still not making sense. If you run multiple xserver on a PC, then
the solaris systems are *clients*, not servers, as far as the X protocol
is concerned. I can guess from all your posts that you want each xserver
to be the display for a window and desktop manager running on a
particular solaris machine.

You may find me nitpicky, but you're more likely to get help in the
future if you avoid vague terms like 'server' and 'connect'.

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles