Mrxvt requires the X Window System libraries and headers.

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) reply-to-list-only-lh-x@cygwin.com
Wed Aug 16 02:40:00 GMT 2006

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>.  Reformatted.

bin wang wrote:
>> From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin X)" reply-to-list-only-lh-x at cygwin dot com
>> To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

>> Subject: Re: Mrxvt requires the X Window System libraries and headers.
>> Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:24:52 -0400
>>
>> bin wang wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I try to install mrxvt from source code into cygwin. When I
>>> ./configure, I have the following errors in the config.log.

>>> configure:4692: result: no
>>> configure:4707: error: Mrxvt requires the X Window System libraries
>>> and headers.
>>>
>>> I also add this environment variables.
>>> export CYGWIN_LIBX11=/usr/X11R6/lib
>>> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib
>>> :$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>>
>>> But it still doesn't work. What's the problem?
>>

>> Perhaps you didn't install the xorg-x11-devel package?  Kind of hard
>> to tell
>> without the information requested in the problem reporting guidelines:
>>
>>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>

 > Thank for reply.
 >
 > I did install xorg-x11-devel binary. I try to install its source code a
 > couple times. Installation looks succesful, but it isn't there when I
 > rerun the Setup.exe. I attach the cygcheck.out.

Hm, interesting.  Perhaps you need to look around at the config.log a little
more to look for other clues.  I tried downloading the source for mrxvt and
building it after installing the same X packages/versions as you have.  I
had no problem.  One difference I do see is that I didn't start with a
configure script so I had to generate it via 'bootstrap.sh', as recommended
in the INSTALL file that came with the mrxvt source.  To do that though, I
needed to install automake, autoconf, and libtool (I installed all versions,
just for kicks ;-) ).  If the configure file you have was not generated on
your machine though, this could explain why you're seeing the problems you're
seeing.

Holliston, MA 01746