Problem with installing the X environment

David Garber garber@hit.ac.il
Wed Dec 26 04:59:00 GMT 2007

Deal all,

After installing the cygwin several times, when I tryy to open the X by xinit, I got again and again this error:
 Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/*/, removing from list!
and the X window is closed.

Although in the FAQ it says that in case it happens and the X is closed immediately, I have to do some "umount". But when I do that, it says: no such file or directory.

When I run it with xwin, I got the window, but if I try to run "xterm &" or anything else, I got "exit 53" immediately afterwards.

Can someone of you help me to activate the X?

BTW, my computer is notebook Dell Latitude D430.

Thank you very much,
David Garber.

David Garber
Department of Applied Mathematics