can I forward X packets for windows application to Linux Desktop?

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux@mediaxim.be
Sun Jan 27 17:05:00 GMT 2008

Holger Krull a écrit :
> Erik Earle schrieb:
>> I want to run an application on windows and see it remotely from
>> Linux machine.  From linux I would: "ssh -Y machine.that.goes.ping"
>>  to windows host running cygwin/X.
>>
>> Then execute something like "explorer.exe" and have the windows
>> explorer running remotely on the windows machine popup on my linux
>> desktop.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>
> Not the way you want it. Explorer.exe doesn't use X11, so you can't
> forward it. The same is true for any normal Windows program. You can
> use cygwins X11 aware programs in that way of course.

Once upon a time I read on winehq.org that they were testing running
Windows apps inside wine, with wine running under cygwin/X. A bit
extreme but if it works it should do what the OP wants.

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director