Windowmaker, fullscreen, 8-bit video and problems

Scott Mohnkern Scott.Mohnkern@noaa.gov
Sun Jan 27 23:18:00 GMT 2008

We're in an environment where we're opening ssh connections to a box and
running an application that needs 8 bit color.  We realized that in
order to do this, we needed to open up windowmaker in fullscreen mode,
and set it to 8 bit video.  This is the end of our startup script:

run XWin :10 -clipboard -silent-dup-error -fullscreen -depth 8
run wmaker

Windowmaker is opening, but when we ssh into the box, the color scheme
for the entire computer gets completely unreadable, as do the fonts.

Is there any other easy way to have an xterm session that does 8 bit
video, just in that window?

Scott Mohnkern