fonts broken in xemacs with latest x server update

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) reply-to-list-only-lh-x@cygwin.com
Wed Nov 12 23:24:00 GMT 2008

hazen wrote:
> Given the latest X server update, what should I do to get a working xemacs?
>
> I've tried installing cygwin from scratch with the new x server release and
> xemacs, but the fonts are broken on my system:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20471230/emacs-fonts-buggered.jpeg
>
> Are there specific font packages I should install? How about emacs font
> configuration?

You must be psychic.  Others are having this same problem....  Wait a
minute.  If you were psychic, you would have had to report this problem
_before_ the others. ;-)

See if this helps: <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-11/msg00014.html>

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746