Bug in "startXwin.bat"

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) reply-to-list-only-lh-x@cygwin.com
Tue Feb 10 01:04:00 GMT 2009

Linda Walsh wrote:
> Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
>> Linda Walsh wrote:
>>> The startxwin.sh script works, but startxwin.bat does not work if
>>> your Cygwin installation isn't in the default location.
>>>
>>> You could use "mount -p" (presuming your cygwin\bin is in your
>>> windows path, as mine is).
>>>
>>> If not, need to look in the registry:
>>> "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts
>>> v2\cygdrive prefix"
>>
>> No, you don't need to look in the registry.  There's nothing there that
>> 'mount' won't tell you.  Forget about the registry.  You'll be better
>> off, especially when Cygwin 1.7 is released.
> -----
>     Um...you sure about that?
>
>     how do you run 'mount' if you don't know what the cygdrive prefix is?

Linda, please don't run the same thread on two different lists.  If you
want to talk about this here, kill the thread that you started on the
main list.

As for the answer to your question, I'm quite sure about my answer and
have pointed out the flaw in your question in the thread on the main
list.  I expect that we're done with the threads on both lists now?

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746