Bug in "startXwin.bat"

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Tue Feb 10 01:17:00 GMT 2009

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
> Linda Walsh wrote:
>> Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:

>>> No, you don't need to look in the registry.  There's nothing there that
>>> 'mount' won't tell you.  Forget about the registry.  You'll be better
>>> off, especially when Cygwin 1.7 is released.
>> -----
>>     Um...you sure about that?
>>
>>     how do you run 'mount' if you don't know what the cygdrive prefix is?
>
> Linda, please don't run the same thread on two different lists.  If you
> want to talk about this here, kill the thread that you started on the
> main list.

Larry --
	The reason I changed forums was that the TOPIC/SUBJECT changed.

	It went from my finding a bug in the Cygwin Xserver's
startxwin.bat script (something appropriate for the cygwin-xfree list)
to a more general question of how one would solve the problem
of finding the cygwin prefix in a windows batchfile.

	Just because you can't answer the question without circular
logic is no reason to get upset.