Bug in "startXwin.bat"

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Tue Feb 10 02:29:00 GMT 2009

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
> Linda Walsh wrote:
>> Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:

>>> Linda, please don't run the same thread on two different lists.  If you
>>> want to talk about this here, kill the thread that you started on the
>>> main list.
>>
>> Larry --
>>     The reason I changed forums was that the TOPIC/SUBJECT changed.
>
> This is perfectly reasonable, except you kept both threads running.
----
	Not exactly.  They were different posts -- I realized it was
a more general topic after first responding to the xfree.

>>     It went from my finding a bug in the Cygwin Xserver's
>> startxwin.bat script (something appropriate for the cygwin-xfree list)
>> to a more general question of how one would solve the problem
>> of finding the cygwin prefix in a windows batchfile.
>
> Actually, that's not the question you asked, though I'll concede that
> this is what you meant to ask.  And I answered that on the main list.
> For completeness, I'll paraphrase it here - there's no good way.
----
	AH HAH!  Thank-you.
	My >>>original<<< intent was simply to report a bug in the
Cygwin-X startup script "startxwin.bat" that you told me (indirectly via
the FAQ) to use.  My first idea was to use "mount -p" as you suggest.
However, I immediately realized that "mount" wouldn't be available if
you were not already in the Cygwin environment.

>>     Just because you can't answer the question without circular
>> logic is no reason to get upset.
>
> While other statements of yours have been understandable, even if they
> were in error, this one makes no sense so I won't respond to it.
---
	Probably somewhat a case of "projection"... ;^&