X / gtk-x11 / flicker and other problems [+PATCH]

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Feb 14 15:44:00 GMT 2009

John Emmas wrote:
> Jon - I followed the instructions from that link and everything went well
> until I reached stage 4 ( ./autogen.sh -V ).  At that stage I get this
> output:-
>
> autoreconf-2.61: Entering directory `.'
> autoreconf-2.61: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> autoreconf-2.61: running: aclocal
> autoreconf-2.61: configure.ac: tracing
> autoreconf-2.61: running: libtoolize --copy
> libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
> libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
> libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.ac and
> libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros
> in-tree.
> libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
> autoreconf-2.61: running: /usr/bin/autoconf-2.61
> configure.ac:614: error: possibly undefined macro: XTRANS_CONNECTION_FLAGS
>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>      See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf-2.61: /usr/bin/autoconf-2.61 failed with exit status: 1

Do you have the package 'xtrans' installed?

The flow of the document needs correcting so that the required packages,
listed on the next page, come before this section.

> Any suggestions for fixing this error?  Also, assuming I get through that
> stage and apply your patch, what do I subsequently run to build and install
> the xserver?  Is it the usual "./configure", "make" and "make install" or
> something else?

I think the next page, http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/prog-build-native.html,
should answer those questions  :-)