X / gtk-x11 / flicker and other problems [+PATCH]

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Feb 15 12:05:00 GMT 2009

John Emmas wrote:
> Still haven't managed to run 'configure' successfully when trying to
> build xorg-server from source.  I'm now getting a simple error relating
> to GLproto:-
>
>> checking for GL... configure: error: Package requirements (glproto >=
>> 1.4.9 gl >= 7.1.0) were not met:
>>
>> Requested 'glproto >= 1.4.9' but version of GLProto is 1.4.8
[...]
> 1.4.8 is the latest version according to my usual mirror.  Anyone know
> if 1.4.9 can be obtained anywhere using setup.exe?  Or how should I set
> those GL_ env variables to force it to use 1.4.8?

Nope, 1.4.9 is the latest (indeed, only) version in cygwin mirrors.

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=glproto

1.4.8 was only ever in cygwinports as far as I can tell.  I suspect that the
'exciting and different' way that setup compares versions between package
servers might be involved here.