Windows 7 RC1 and Cygwin 1.7

Fri Jun 5 06:14:00 GMT 2009

On 15/05/2009 15:13, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
> I have installed Windows 7 RC1 (64-bit) as well as Cygwin 1.7,
> including the Xorg stuff in the Cygwin setup-1.7.exe file

Same here.  I have also noticed the following issues:

1) In multiwindow mode, all X programs are considered as one wrt taskbar
buttons.  Nothing really new there, but it's more noticeable now that
the default is "Always combine, hide labels".  When combined, the icon
shown is that of the first program launched, which is obviously
inaccurate if several different X programs are running.

If a windowed X server is launched, it shows as one window with the X
icon (as expected), which will be grouped together with X programs
running multiwindow on a different DISPLAY.  Pinning that X icon to the
taskbar has the same effect.

It would be preferable to force ungrouping (or grouping by program in
multiwindow, if possible), but if that's not possible, the X icon should
represent the group no matter which program launched first.

2) It would be nice to port the tray icon menu to the new Jump List.

3) With Aero in multiwindow, fbpanel (in Ports) has a large border
around the panel.  IIRC there was a slight border in XP, but it's much
larger and more noticeable with Aero.

4) In multiwindow, if two programs overlap, then Aero Peek will show the
correct shape for each window but the contents of one window
superimposed on the other in their stacking order.

Anyone else testing 7RC1?

Yaakov
Cygwin/X