Problem with new xinit - console window doesn't open (but bash starts)

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 20 04:08:00 GMT 2009

More info:

If I run startxwin.bat from a CMD.exe command line, the bash console
xterm opens just fine.  I only have problems starting it from the shortcut.

I do see some interesting things in the log file, however:

MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack
of shared memory support in the kernel

II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/TTF/, removing
from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/OTF/, removing
from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/Type1/, removing
from list!

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

None of the compatibility settings are checked in the Windows shortcut.

I've attached the Xwin.0.log file

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us