1.7.0(0.214/5/3): XWin.exe reset after remote login screen on solaris (CDE or Java desktop) WM_QUIT

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Oct 16 12:24:00 GMT 2009

On 14/10/2009 22:41, Patrick Legault wrote:
> I get an error while I open a Solaris remote session via XDMCP
> the system I am connecting work with version 1.5 of cygwin (vista x64)
> but not the 1.7 (vista/server 2008 x64)
>
> I included the Xorg.log file, cygcheck.out and a basic description of my
> system.
> I also included a strace log in case it could help.
>
> I logged on the system using different type of sessions.
> failsafe session worked.
> CDE: failed. XWin started to logon, I could see the desktop for a few
> seconds then, closed to reopen.
> java desktop environment: Failed. XWin started to logon, I could see the
> desktop for a few seconds then, closed to reopen.

It's pretty likely that the CDE and JDE sessions are exiting because something
they are doing during initialization is returning an error they've decided
they can't ignore.

The useful log in this case is almost certainly on the Solaris host.  I don't
know where the relevant log is, but you might start by looking in /.dt/startlog.

> uname -a:
> CYGWIN_NT-6.0-WOW64 spatlegault2 1.7.0(0.214/5/3) 2009-10-03 14:33 i686
> Cygwin
> solaris computer I am connecting to:
> SunOS zolla.somedomain.com 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000
>
> if you need help or more information to debug this issue, I will be
> happy to help you.
> if you already have an idea on something I could try to fix the WM_QUIT,
> just reply to this message.

I have a Solaris 10 Update 7 (5/09) VM, and I'm able to start CDE or JDE using
XDMCP from Cygwin/X 1.6.5-1 under Cygwin 1.7 without problems.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer