1.7.0(0.214/5/3): XWin.exe reset after remote login screen on solaris (CDE or Java desktop) WM_QUIT

Patrick Legault patrick@patrick-isp.com
Fri Oct 16 13:43:00 GMT 2009

Hello
I enabled some extra session logging in my .dtprofile under solaris and I
found an error.

I did the test with cygwin 1.5 and 1.7 so I could see the difference.
I included some log files.

when I tested with cygwin 1.5, I generated theses 2 log files:
startlog-cygwin1.5.log and display_cygwin1.5.log
when I tested with cygwin 1.7, I generated theses 2 log files:
startlog-cygwin1.7.log and display_cygwin1.7.log

The session worked using cygwin 1.5 but failed with 1.7.
we can clearly see the issue with the log file display_cygwin1.7.log
------------------------
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (XINERAMA)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  2 (XINERAMAGetScreenCount)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  248
can I recompile xwin.exe and disable xinerama or is there a different way to
do it?
if so, how would I fix this?

Thanks