xauth data + X connection to localhost:10.0 broken problem

Marc Girod marc.girod@gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:03:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

diego menezes wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea on what's going on?

I used to get something similar, which I worked around by setting my DISPLAY
to:

$($WHOAMI|sed -e 's/^.*(\(.*\)).*$/\1/'):0.0

(but this worked only for one hop)... until I read the FAQ again and added
to my ~/.ssh/config:

ForwardX11Trusted yes

(in addition to already there:

ForwardX11 yes

)

My DISPLAY is now: localhost:14.0
and I can start an xterm, run a new ssh session there to the same host,
and check I get a new DISPLAY of localhost:15.0, etc.
On an other host I get of course number free from the starting one, e.g.
10.0

So, this did the trick for me...

Marc