Font change in Gnu emacs/X11 following upgrade

Marc Girod marc.girod@gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 19:41:00 GMT 2010

Ken Brown-6 wrote:

> [This should have gone to the cygwin-xfree list.  I've set the reply-to
> accordingly.]
> This is a result of the change in the default server DPI announced in
>
>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2010-04/msg00000.html
>
> As the announcement states, you may want to set Xft.dpi in your
> ~/.Xdefaults.  Setting it to 75 will restore the previous font and frame
> sizes in emacs under X11.

I repost, since nabble didn't obey the reply-to.

Sounds simple and clear, but I do it, and get the same result...?

2009> ll ~/.Xdefaults
-rw-r--r-- 1 emagiro EEI-ATusers 12 2010-04-29 19:18
/home/emagiro/.Xdefaults
2009> cat ~/.Xdefaults
Xft.dpi: 75

I tried a smaller value (50), but no effect.

I had forgotten the ash, ./rebaseall, .peflagsall, which is I hope why I got
sporadic fork errors
I did it now (before I left work).
I had also joined my XWin.0.log, but I guess this doesn't interest you
anymore at this point.
In any case, I cannot from home get the updated version (after setting
~/.Xdefaults)

Can it be an issue with the definition of my home?
I have a cygwin home which is not the same as my Windows home...

I set it in /etc/passwd to /home/emagiro, and it is reflected in my $HOME
environment variable, which is different from %USERPROFILE%...

Thanks
Marc