screen pixel density VS startxwin.exe

BEAUGY Alexandre beaugy.a@free.fr
Sat Feb 13 09:48:00 GMT 2010

On 03/02/2010 19:11, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> You really deserved to succeed after paying such good attention to the
> man-pages.
Thanks!
This deformation ;o) as to do with my studies at EPITA (Paris, FRANCE).
Where we, students, were very oftenly told: "RTFM!". And at the end, you
finally understand that manpages in Unices are a gold mine of
information about softwares, languages, configuration files, etc.

> I think you will find that setting the shortcut to 'run
> C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c "/usr/bin/startxwin.exe
> -- -dpi 90"' should succeed in passing the dpi option down to
> startxwin.  Note that the quotes around the entire command after
> bash's -c option, which are needed, otherwise bash will interpret the
> '-- -dpi 90' as options for itself.
Thanks a lot. That did it, it works again as I expect.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Beaugy