Problem starting XWin : error loading cygGL-1.dll

Mark Stucky mstucky5@cox.net
Thu Jan 28 22:07:00 GMT 2010

I recently installed version 1.7.1 on a machine here at work.

IÂ’m getting the following error when I try to launch XWin :

>  xwin

/usr/bin/xwin.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cygGL-1.dll:

>  ls -l /bin/cygGL-1.dll

-rwxr-xr-x 1 StuckyMB root 2365966 2009-10-16 17:02 /bin/cygGL-1.dll

As you can see “cygGL-1.dll” is present.

I searched the mail archives and found the following :

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-08/msg00050.html

where someone was getting a similar error message, but there wasnÂ’t a fix.

I’m assuming that there is either some “new” configuration setting that
IÂ’m not aware of,

or that I missed some dependency and need to install some other
library/package.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Attached is the cygcheck output.

Thanks in advance,