xterm no longer accepts keyboard input

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Mar 15 17:44:00 GMT 2010

On 15/03/2010 05:42, David Barr wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 7:17 AM, Jeff Spirko<spirko@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The icon runs from the Windows environment, so the run.exe and
>> bash.exe wrapper programs are needed to set up the proper cygwin
>> environment.  Once you're in a cygwin shell, you already have the
>> cygwin environment set up.  That's why you don't need to type them in
>> from the command line.
>>
>> So, they really should be equivalent.
>
> I've probably missed a prior discussion, but if "startxwin.exe"
> doesn't set up the Cygwin environment, then what good is it? I thought
> that this was about the only advantage that "startxwin.bat" had over
> "startx".

No.  startx and startxwin are different tools to solve different problems.

I keep adding more text to [1] to clarify this, but this doesn't appear to
help, perhaps because nobody actually reads it...

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using.html#using-starting

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer