[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: {xfig/xfig-lib}-3.2.5b-1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri May 28 01:25:00 GMT 2010

On 5/27/2010 6:07 PM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>   >  Angelo Graziosi writes:
>>> If I read correctly, if Fig* files exist in '/etc/X11/app-defaults', they are
>>> not replaced with new.
>>
>> That's correct. If somebody has changed the system defaults I don't want overide these.
>
> Hmm... I have not changed the system defaults: the Fig* files were put
> there (/etc/X11/app-defaults) by previous installation of XFig (3.2.4),
> which was the first I did for Cygwin-1.7.
>
> So, if now they are not overwritten and XFig complains about them, it
> looks a little strange.

It's actually a preremove problem, not a postinstall problem.  It looks
like the previous xfig package was missing its preremove script, which
would have removed the old Fig* files if they were unchanged from the
defaults.  The new xfig does have such a script, so this shouldn't be a
problem in the future (assuming you manually copy the default files and
don't change them).

Ken