SIGSEGV in xorg-1.8.2.0 during -resize operation

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Sep 27 14:54:00 GMT 2010

On 23/09/2010 20:34, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 9/23/2010 11:56 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>> I've uploaded a new test build at [1]
>>
>> Hopefully this handles this error condition a bit more gracefully. Perhaps
>> you could try it out?
>>
>> [1] ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/XWin.20100923-git-2172af4d1ea713f1.exe.bz2
>
> Thank you, yes, that no longer causes a SIGSEGV. Thanks!

Thanks for testing.

> There is a remaining issue -- which was there before but
> which I had not posted about. If I Suspend/Resume, then
> on resumption the driver disables the Aero theme and
> points its finger at XWin.exe as the culprit, saying
> it did something incompatible with Aero. You probably
> know about this stuff, but here's the overall blurb
> anyway:

I can't reproduce this, so again, it seems to be driver-specific.

I presume some DirectDraw errors are still emitted over a suspend/resume
cycle?  Can you attach an XWin.0.log showing them?

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer