SIGSEGV in xorg-1.8.2.0 during -resize operation

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Mon Sep 27 15:05:00 GMT 2010

On 9/27/2010 10:53 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:

>> There is a remaining issue -- which was there before but
>> which I had not posted about. If I Suspend/Resume, then
>> on resumption the driver disables the Aero theme and
>> points its finger at XWin.exe as the culprit, saying
>> it did something incompatible with Aero. You probably
>> know about this stuff, but here's the overall blurb
>> anyway:
>
> I can't reproduce this, so again, it seems to be driver-specific.
>
> I presume some DirectDraw errors are still emitted over a suspend/resume cycle? Can you attach an
> XWin.0.log showing them?

Yes, it is driver specific and at this point I have gone
back to an earlier driver where it tends not to happen.
I can try putting in a recent driver and capturing error
message for you when I have a little chunk of time to
mess with rebooting my system N times :-) ..................

Thanks, Jon -- Eliot