Problems running graphic interface in a remote host

Jack ostroffjh@users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 22 01:00:00 GMT 2011

On 2011.07.21 13:10, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 07:06:06AM -0700, Ciro wrote:
> >
> >Hi, I posted this issue in the Cygwin forum and was advised to post
> it here:
> >
> >I've installed the new Gygwin set in my computer and I can't seem to
> start
> >any graphic interface in a remote host, for instance:
> >
> >(C)SUMFO$ xclock &
> >[1]     973
> >(C)SUMFO$ Xlib: connection to "xx.xxx.xx.xxx:0.0" refused by server
> >Xlib: No protocol specified
> >
> >Error: Can't open display: xx.xxx.xx.xxx:0.0
> >
> >[1] +  Done(1)                 xclock &
> >

> >The DISPLAY variable is fine, I've enabled X11 forwarding (I've
> tried also
> >without enabling this option):
> >
> >ForwardX11 yes
Where did you enable this?  Have you enabled forwarding on both ends of
the connection?  How did you get to the remote host?  Have you tried
"ssh -Y" or "ssh -X" ?

> >but it's still failing, I've googled for this issue with cygwin but
> couldn't
> >find anything, any help would be appreciated
>
> It sounds like you need to do "xhost +" on the remote host.
Wouldn't that be doing "xhost +" on cygwin?  It's the cygwin X server
that's rejecting the connection.