X connections reset on PC sleep

Ray Balogh rabalo2036@gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:51:00 GMT 2013

Sorry, I’m sure this is a known issue, but I can’t seem to locate any
description of the problem in the FAQ, docs, or mailing list archives.

The problem is that when my PC sleeps, my X connections get reset with

           xterm: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) or
KillClient on X server “somehost:0”

although the Cygwin/X server (Ver. 1.13.1) is still running. I’ve enabled
logging, but I don’t see anything at all in the log file.

Is there some configuration to stop Cygwin/X from doing this? It’s extremely
inconvenient to have to recreate all my windows if I happen to step away
from the system for a while. I’m running the X clients under a Ubuntu VM
(VMware Player), in case that is significant.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Ray