Persistent CYGWIN/X server taskbar button with urxvt in CYGWIN-64, not rxvt in CYGWIN-32. Why?

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Dec 3 13:47:00 GMT 2015

On 02/12/2015 00:16, John J Ottusch wrote:
> Makes sense that it could be run.exe behavior.
>
> However, the version of run.exe from [2] (which is 220K in size vs. 68K
> for the original version ?!?) does not seem to do anything. Running it
> from a CMD window with urxvtermX.bat as the argument does not produce an
> error message, a urxvt term, nothing.

It's larger because it doesn't have debug information stripped.

> BTW, I made an effort to give both versions of run.exe (I renamed the
> new one runX.exe) the same ownership and permissions, but to no avail.
>
> Am I missing something essential?

Just chmod +x should be sufficient.

I've probably done something wrong, although I have re-tested this
run.exe and it seems to work for me.

Perhaps you could try 'strace ./run XWin', that might shed some light on
what's going wrong?

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer