New xlauncher (was: Re: Success with Java prog in XFree)

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Jul 7 11:59:00 GMT 2002

Chuck,

> WTF?  I don't follow the xfree list all that closely, but didn't this
> thread start out as "Success with Java prog in XFree"?  I just assumed
> that 'xlauncher' WAS that Java prog.  Sorry for the confusion.

You know... sometimes I'm just not paying any attention at all.  What has
happened to me?!?

A Java xlauncher sounds fine to me, for now.  I'd eventually prefer that it
be written in C or C++.

How large are the Java runtimes for Cygwin?  I'm sure we'll get complains
along the lines of, ``before I had to install 100 MB for Cygwin/XFree86, now
I have to install XX MB more for the xlauncher program, blah''.  So I'm not
really excited about sticking with Java forever.

Feeling like an idiot,