multiwindow crash on resolution 1280

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Feb 27 16:41:00 GMT 2003

JS,

 > winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Created shadow stride: 0

Well, at the least they have the problem where the stride is being
calculated as zero... they shouldn't be able to run at all.  Also... I
don't understand why winAllocateFBShadowGDI is being called twice.

Here is what that section of the log should look like:

winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Creating DIB with width: 1394 height: 978 depth: 32
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Dibsection width: 1394 height: 978 depth: 32
size image: 5453328
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Created shadow stride: 1394
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24
bpp 32
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()

Note the positive shadow stride and the fact that
winInitVisualsShadowGDI is only being called once.

I have no clue what is going on here.  Basically I think that you have a
less-than-cluefull user that is not telling you things that they have
changed.  I won't say anything more about this issue until I see their
startxwin.bat file mailed in.

Harold