question about multiwindow mode and application icons

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Sat May 17 02:57:00 GMT 2003

Howdy again

At 08:51 AM 5/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Earle,
>In the meantime, have you checked the size of /tmp/XWin.log when running
>with this patch?  I just want to make sure that there are no ErrorF's that
>should be #if'd out of the code.  We have had problems where I miss the
>fact that someone is dumping tons of messages to /tmp/XWin.log (think
>megabytes per minute) and I fail to remove those messages before we make a
>release.  Could you double check for me that this is not the case with
>this patch?  If it is the case, could you please resubmit with the
>appropriate ErrorF's #if'd out?

Sure, I checked and there's nothing new that I'm printing out in the changes,
but the winclipboard is still dumping every time it gets a new selection.

Attached is the cleaned up change, it ran the whole day worth of heavy XWin
hacking for me at work.  It has the change I mentioned to Ralf earlier, so
the old diff with the bug he found should just be discarded.

I also added something that I find VERY useful for things like xload and a
console
window:  Always-On-Top.  Right-click on the titlebar of any X window and
you can
make it float above other windows with the new menu item.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com